41 Lenox Avenue * Stamford, CT 06906 * (203) 912-9500
Writer/Director/Producer (2000 – present)
- Outwitting Hitler – Wrote, directed, co-produced and distributed this critically acclaimed one-hour historical documentary. I acquired the story rights, archival footage and negotiated the distribution deals for this film about a Jewish art student who used his skill as an artist to forge Nazi documents. Domestic distribution was pre-sold to Showtime Networks, premiering in April 2001; and it was sold to Eagle Rock for international distribution. The film was honored at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC, and at the Australian Film Festival AUSFEST.
- Person of Interest – Wrote, directed, co-produced, and secured the funding for my first feature length narrative film in 2005. This mystery thriller, which has lesbian protagonists, is based in part on my work as a documentary filmmaker with LAPD Sargent Lisa Phillips. This narrative film is distributed by Ariztical Entertainment, which specializes in LGBT films, for DVD and digital downloads.
- Fog Warning – Wrote, directed, co-produced and secured the financing for my second feature length narrative film which was released in HD with 5.1 audio on iTunes, and recently released on YouTube. Secured funding from individual investors and self distributed.
- The Loving Story – Consulting producer for feature length documentary on landmark civil rights case that aired on HBO. This film won an EMMY in 2013 for Best Documentary. Responsible for the original research and interviews used in this production.
- From The Rough – Consulting producer, writer and researcher for the first draft of the screenplay based on a true story about a black female coach of an all-white golf team. Cast features Taraji P. Henson (Empire) and Thomas Felton (Harry Potter). Film was released to theatres in Spring 2014.
- The Wilderness – Third narrative feature, currently in development for 2016, is about a professor and his students who are trapped in a classroom during a school shooting. I wrote the feature length screenplay and will direct. This project will be shot in 4k with the Sony Xdcam pxw-fs7, and the Sony Alpha a7 with a DJI Ronin.
NETWORK & FREELANCE EXPERIENCE
Senior Writer/Producer/Director (1990-2000)
Senior staff producer of documentaries to support Showtime original programming. Subjects included Olympian Gale Devers, Hiroshima 50th anniversary, CIA traitor Aldrich Ames, serial killer Keith Jesperson, and the first Gulf War. Shot on location all over the world, including Greece, Israel, Australia, Japan, Mexico and Canada. Garnered many major industry honors, including three New York Film Festival Awards & five Cable Ace nominations.
New Line Cinema
- Produced and wrote electronic press materials, including interviews and behind the scenes for major theatrical releases, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Robert Altman’s The Player.
- Producer/director/writer for half hour biography program about a business leader.
The Movie Channel
Staff Writer/Producer (1984-1990)
- Produced & directed The Osborne Column with Hollywood Reporter columnist Robert Osborne, current on-air host for TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES. Nominated for two Cable Ace awards.
Wrote promo copy for late-nite programming.
Wrote the two-act play, “The Independents”, which is about the Impressionist artists Edgar Degas and Mary Cassatt. After a successful staged reading, Curtain Call Inc., a Stamford, CT, community theatre, will produce a full production of the play in 2017.
State of Connecticut
Appointed Justice of the Peace for the state of Connecticut in 2013. I perform civil marriages and witness official state documents.
Given volunteer service award by Mayor Rudolf Giuliani for work with the NYC Mentorship Program. Awarded special citation by the state of Connecticut for work with their Read to the Blind program.
TEACHING & LECTURING EXPERIENCE
Presently teaching television and film production at New York and Connecticut Universities, including the New Film Academy, the New York Institute of Technology, Quinnipiac University and Western Connecticut State University. Selected to teach television production at NYIT (Manhattan Campus) to undergrad exchange students from Beijing, China. Other college courses taught include Film Directing, Scriptwriting, Production Management, Corporate Video, and Documentary Film Production.
New York Institute of Technology
M.A. in Communication Arts with emphasis on digital production and distribution. GPA 4.0
The Ohio State University
B.A. in Communications with emphasis on film and television production. Worked as a stage manager for live studio programs at WOSU-TV, a PBS affiliate, and was a production assistant for the OSU Buckeyes football games.